Enjoy the Outdoors Safely Bronx Corona Virus Safety
Enjoy the Outdoors Safely
Getting outdoors to walk, jog, hike, garden, ride a bicycle or visit a park are healthy ways to stay active, spend time with your family, and reduce stress and anxiety while engaging in social distancing strategies.
New York State is waiving all park fees in state, local and county parks.
These are some simple ways you can protect you and your family from COVID-19 while enjoying the outdoors.
- Avoid close contact with people, even when outside. Keep a distance of at least 6 feet to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid games and activities that require close contact.
- Avoid frequently touched surfaces and objects. This includes playground equipment like slides and swings.
- Don’t share equipment such as bicycles, helmets, balls or frisbees.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue and discard the tissue in a closed container.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol: o When you return indoors,
- before and after eating,
- after using the restroom,
- after coughing or sneezing, and
- after touching surfaces or items that may be contaminated.
If you are sick or had contact with someone who is sick in the last 14 days:
- You should stay home.
- You may enjoy spending time in your own backyard or other personal outdoor space but should not go into public outdoor spaces.